Please find below today’s Crypto News 14 Nov Headlines
- Crypto News 1 – Kraken freezes FTX and Alameda accounts, ‘maintains full reserves’ —Cointelegraph.
United-States-based cryptocurrency exchange Kraken has frozen the accounts associated with “FTX Group, Alameda Research, and their executives,” on its exchange after engaging with authorities.
- Crypto News 2 – Binance US, Coinbase, Curve in bidding war for BlockFi credit card customers — block.cc.
Binance US, Coinbase, Curve in Bidding War for BlockFi Credit Card Customers. Binance US and Coinbase are among the bidders for the BlockFi credit card program and its associated customers, Blockworks has learned, while smaller fintech competitor Curve is also in the hunt for the approximately 87,500 BlockFi accounts.
- Crypto News 3 – China’s State Council warns against metaverse fever — Coingeek.
The China State Council, the chief administrative authority in the Asian country, is now warning the public against feverishly aping into the metaverse. “The metaverse industry sounds promising, but it may not fit every region.
- Crypto News 4 – Against $9bn In Liabilities FTX Holds Less Than $1bn In Liquid Assets — Tradingview.
Against $9bn In Liabilities FTX Holds Less Than $1bn In Liquid Assets. The day before FTX.com filed for bankruptcy, Sam Bankman-primary Fried’s international crypto exchange had just $900 million in liquid assets versus $9 billion in liabilities, according to investment documents reviewed by FT.
- Crypto News 5 – Crypto.com accidentally sends 320k ETH to Gate.io, and recovers funds days after — Cointelegraph.
Crypto.com accidentally sends 320k ETH to Gate.io and recovers funds days after Marszalek confirmed that Gate.io returned the funds to Crypto.com’s cold storage and reassured the investors that new processes and features were implemented to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Crypto News 6 – Huobi Publishes Asset Transparency Report, Revealing $3.5B in Crypto Asset Holdings — Coinleaks.
Huobi Publishes Asset Transparency Report, Revealing $3.5B in Crypto Holdings. Huobi Global, once China’s top crypto exchange, published an asset transparency report on Sunday to reassure users that their funds remain safe.
- Crypto News 7 – Coinbase Dismisses 60 People due to the Intensifying Crypto Winter — Vesterholdings
Coinbase Dismisses 60 People due to the Intensifying Crypto Winter. The US-based cryptocurrency exchange – Coinbase – reportedly reduced its team by 60 people following the FTX saga and the consecutive plunge of the market.
- Crypto News 8 – Indian Authority Freezes 150 Bitcoins Held at Binance Crypto Exchange — bitcoin.com
Indian Authority Freezes 150 Bitcoins Held at Binance Crypto Exchange India’s Enforcement Directorate (ED) says that it has frozen 150.22 more bitcoins held at the cryptocurrency exchange Binance. The freeze is part of an investigation into mobile gaming application E-nuggets, which was designed to defraud the public, the ED said.
- Crypto News 9 – Bahamas Securities Regulator Says It Didn’t Order FTX to Reopen Local Withdrawals — Businessinsider.
Crypto exchange FTX was not required to allow Bahamas-based customers to withdraw their funds, a local financial regulator said Saturday. The Securities Commission of the Bahamas (SCB) published a statement on Twitter Saturday suggesting that a recent tweet by FTX admitting that Bahamian users were able to withdraw funds at the regulator’s urging was inaccurate.
- Crypto News 10 – WAHED Coin To Launch On LBank Exchange On December 5 – Yahoo Finance.
WAHED Coin to Launch on LBank Exchange on December 5. WAHED Coin, the native cryptocurrency of the WAHED ecosystem, is to be listed on LBank on December 5. The asset powers a growing array of features within WAHED’s next-generation investment hub.
- Crypto News 11 – Russia’s Digital Ruble Integrated Into Banking App — Bitcoin.com
VTB has become the first Russian bank to add the digital ruble to its mobile application. The integration is currently being tested with accounts set up for legal entities. Select customers will be granted access in the coming months and will be able to join the trials.
- Crypto News 12 – US Treasury Secretary and Indian Finance Minister Discuss Crypto Regulation — Bitcoin.com
U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Indian Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman discussed crypto regulation during the ninth India-U.S. Economic and Financial Partnership meeting. They stressed the importance of international cooperation and setting high regulatory standards globally.
Must See –