Please find below today’s Crypto News 20 Oct Headlines
- Crypto News 1 – Terra Founder Dismisses Allegations, Denies Being On The Run.
The controversial founder of Terraform Labs, Do Kwon, denied claims from law enforcement authorities that he is on the run. The claim comes despite Interpol issuing a Red Notice for his arrest just last month. The Terra founder also stated that all charges against him were politically motivated.
- Crypto News 2 – Shoppers in India can now order sneakers in the Metaverse for a week.
Shoppers in India can now order sneakers in the Metaverse for a week Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart is launching a metaverse world to allow customers to go shopping and win digital collectibles online.
- Crypto News 3 – Moola Market Defi hacker returns US$9 mln in stolen funds for bounty.
Moola Market attacker returns most of the $9M looted for a $500K bounty The attacker has scored about a half-million dollar “bug bounty” after choosing to return a majority of the cryptocurrency they exploited from the Celo-based lending protocol.
- Crypto News 4 – EU to Target Crypto Miners’ Power Usage as Union Relies Less on Russian Energy.
Authorities in Brussels are taking steps to reduce power consumption, including in cryptocurrency mining, as the EU faces limited energy supplies from Russia, the reliance on which it has been trying to lower. New energy efficiency labeling is to address the growing electricity usage in the crypto sector.
- Crypto News 5 – Dogecoin (DOGE) and Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Lack Strength to Jump Higher.
Dogecoin (DOGE) and Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Lack the Strength to Jump Higher. Dogecoin (DOGE) and Shiba Inu (SHIB), the top meme tokens, have not been spared by the sluggish crypto market momentum. Boring DOGE and SHIB price actions and a larger bearish tone have taken over the once-volatile meme coins’ price momentum.
- Crypto News 6 – Cabital Partners With Gate.Io To Provide Crypto On/Off Ramp.
Gate.io today announced that it will partner with Cabital Connect, a leading digital asset payment infrastructure provider. The partnership will allow Gate.io customers to quickly buy crypto with the help of Cabital’s infrastructure which includes localized payment methods and bank transfers.
- Crypto News 7 – Israel kicks off live tests for its tokenized digital bonds.
The Israeli Ministry of Finance, together with the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE), digital assets custody provider Fireblock and the United States software solutions developer VMware, will conduct the testing of a blockchain-backed platform for digital bonds trading. These bonds will be issued by the Ministry of Finance.
- Crypto News 8 – Binance Reduces Terra Classic (LUNC) Tax Burn From 1.2% To 0.2%.
Binance has been one of the exchanges that have said ” no ” to the 1.2% tax on burning LUNC tokens for the spot trading operations carried out on its platform. CZ has assured that applying this tax would harm the volume of the Terra Luna Classic crypto. Binance CEO Refuses To Apply The Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) Burn Tax For Cryptocurrency Trading.
- Crypto News 9 – India’s City Uses Polygon Blockchain In Citizen Complaints Management.
The police department of the Indian city of Firozabad has announced a plan to use the Polygon (MATIC) blockchain to file public complaints. According to the department, the initiative is part of the process of accelerating the resolution of citizens’ complaints.
- Crypto News 10 – Japan’s crypto regulator plans to ease token listing rules.
Japan’s crypto regulator has planned to ease the rules which surround the listing of coins and tokens. This move will make the listing of virtual coins a lot easier. At the moment, crypto exchanges that want to list their tokens and coins have to get them screened by the Japan Virtual and Crypto Asset Exchange Association (JVCEA).
- Crypto News 11 – Ripple to Get Support from Major New Market Players in SEC Case.
According to a tweet shared by @CryptoLawUS, two more big market players have decided to support Ripple in its case against the SEC. Phillip Goldstein and ICAN (Investor Choice Advocates Network) intend to file an amicus brief to the court. Goldstein is a Bulldog Investors co-creator.
- Crypto News 12 – Japan Eases Crypto Token Listing Rules
Japan Slackens Crypto Rules On Listing Of Tokens. Japan’s crypto regulator has planned to ease the rules which surround the listing of coins and tokens. This move will make the listing of virtual coins a lot easier.
Must See –